Director of Engineering
Design On Tap
March 2017 -
I lead the development team at Design On Tap, ensuring we complete our projects within deadlines and that the websites meet the high-quality standards of our company. I facilitate problem-solving within the development team and provide mentoring for our less experienced developers. Currently, a good portion of my time is spent developing alongside my colleagues.
- Lead development scoping, planning and technical architecture.
- Develop new plugins and features for client websites to extend current functionality.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to our design and development teams.
- Provide technical expertise to customers and design team when considering new features and capabilities in examining feasibility and cost.
- Act as technical support contact between customers and third-party vendors, assisting with reducing technical risk and liability.
Recent web projects our team has completed:
Current software projects include a custom Splunk App for Splunk in conjunction with The Kinney Group creating an internal tool for Splunk’s Tier-2 tech support team and an application for non-profits to facilitate donations and communication with their donors and volunteers.
Simplexity Marketing Group
September 2013 -
President and owner of a consulting and online marketing firm focused on accountable marketing, proactive lead generation, UI and UX, and web and application development.
Performed work for brands such as RCA, Nextgear Capital (a Cox company), Central Logic, the Indiana Broadcasters Association, the Advanced Television Systems Committee, and HC1 as well as other small and medium-sized businesses in North America.
Created a platform for a niche-industry marketing company to allow rapid development of custom websites for their customers, streamlining the development process for websites and lowering ongoing maintenance costs. Our work allowed this company to grow online service revenue to over a third of their business revenue in 2 years.
As president of Simplexity Marketing Group, I:
- Created partnerships with other marketing and design agencies that did not have in-house experts in web design, web development, online marketing, and social media. Our team adjusted and aligned with in-house agency teams to fill the holes and round out their teams where they were short.
- Provided technical support for agency customers as well as directly to Simplexity Marketing Group customers.
- Attended seminars and conference shows with partner agencies, acting as technical experts to assist in their sales process.
- Presented at multiple seminars on topics regarding marketing and development to provide continuing education to seminar attendees as well as demonstrate expertise of partner agencies.
- Acted as project manager for web design and development as well as software projects performed by Simplexity Marketing Group.
- Performed technical assistance for SEO and SEM marketing efforts analyzing and optimizing websites for search engines and optimization.
- Implemented technologies to allow for accountable marketing including call tracking, conversion tracking, custom analytics and scoring.
- Lead sales efforts for the company, creating and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Provided oversight and direction for social media marketing efforts of customers to ensure all marketing efforts were working in tandem.
- Grew company from 1 person to a team of 8 in 3 years.
August 2005 -
- Oversaw development team efforts creating marketing websites and email marketing.
- Created relationships with marketing agencies that needed technical expertise.
- Trained and oversaw SEO and SEM team on online marketing techniques and optimization.
- Developed enterprise-level member management application for the fraternity and sorority market.
- Extended member management application to integrate with the algorithms of the University Learning Outcomes Assessment (UniLOA) to help fraternities and sororities measure the effectiveness of their organizations.
Through our agency partnerships, our team developed websites, applications and email marketing for organizations such as:
- Allison Transmission
- Twin Disc
- Digital Stream
- Roche Diagnostics
- Open Mobile Video Coalition
- Dish Network
Redwing Studio, LLC
January 2004 -
Redwing Studio, LLC provided custom web design and Internet-based marketing services for small to medium-sized businesses. We specialized in content management systems, advertising tracking, and progressive, professional design.
- Redwing Studio developed an MLS platform for the Rhode Island real estate market.
- Designed and developed websites for 8 of the 10 top brokers in Rhode Island on our platform.
- Redwing Studio was one of the first companies in the real estate industry to utilize call tracking to demonstrate the success of our web platform in driving leads.
- We were also one of the first in the industry to incorporate text messaging to accelerate time to contact for potential leads.
- The Truth About Cars, a website we designed and developed received a “Best of the Web” award from Forbes in 2006 and PC Magazine rated it in their 100 favorite blogs in 2007.
University of Indianapolis
Majored in English with minors in Spanish and Psychology
August 1999 -